Friday, February 10, 2017

Welcome to Life Documented Week 7 with Claire Ann



Morning everyone!

This week's prompt is simply: Valentine.  The quote I have decided to incorporate into my journal page is:
'Even
After
all this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth,
"You owe me."
Look
What happens
With a love like that.
It lights the 
Whole 
Sky.
Hafiz

I thought this quote was quite lovely and sent a message of unconditional love implied to all kinds of love.

This week is all about love, made more poignantly as it is Valentine's Day on Tuesday 14th February!
I have mostly made my journal page about the places I love that have given me good memories to date.

Step 1
It's been a crazy kind of week so I decided to keep the workload/time management into perspective.  I used an old map of Canada I found on one of my Vintage Fair expeditions.  I added to my background and found a map of the UK which I stuck in the left hand corner.  Two places I simply love and have my fondest memories as me!

Step 2
My next step was to try out the Art Masking Fluid technique for myself!  Wow Louise Mairs you made this look way too easy!  I had a good go at drawing a heart and I think I did ok!





Step 3
Next I used my watercolours to paint over the masking fluid and once dried I simply pulled away at the masking tape - soooo much fun!


Step 4
I then made a tip-in, love heart shape of course, to incorporate my ATC's received in the previous two months.  I even found some love heart metal clasps I've had since I was around 10 years old that I never found a use for!  I wanted to start and add 'graffiti' into my work - this is the safe kind of stuff, nice and simple and an opportunity to say 'I had a go!'

I didn't take any picture making this but I simply took a piece of artists watercolour paper, base coat of gesso, then scraped  on pinky coloured Acrylic paints to get the striped effect.  Once dried I cut out heart shapes and simply used my sewing machine to sew the holders on... voila! I may add to this later!


Step 5 
Above , I took a picture of my tip-in on my previous weeks spread but have decided to use it in this weeks.  The second picture is my journal page which I am yet to complete.  It's the start of half term here and I just cannot fathom how to do this tonight.  This page will change during the week and I will keep you posted on its outcome!  The quote will somehow be incorporated into this page.

I am so looking forward to your pages this week!



2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I just bought a map at an antique store. Now I just need to figure out where I put it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved to see your spread for this week. I never use the masking fluid but it seems fun. Loved the quote and I will use it too!. Thank you for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete